Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Members. Who Is Still Watching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Members. Who Is Still Watching?

    Are there enough of us to re-invigorate AUB?I hope so.Put your hand up!
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  2. #2
    Hostboard Member C.DARRELL FREEMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2006
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Members. Who Is Still Watching?

    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Are there enough of us to re-invigorate AUB?I hope so.Put your hand up!
    hello,c.darrell freeman is still here, still trying to view the best resource i have found yet for everyday personal expierences people have had or are having with altec equipment.i am in the birmingham,alabama area.i do not post very often and most of the time i do not log in per se. i hope the site is improved over the current condition it is in from my expierence lately.(excuse spelling). there are quite a lot of knowledgable people on here and some have not stayed.that is not good for the rest of us.hoping for a positive outcome.cdf (i use google chrome for a browser)

  3. #3
    Junior Hostboard Member thewebgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2017
    Location
    Northern, VA
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Members. Who Is Still Watching?

    I am still here - tho it seems every other time I come here the site does not respond and seems to be offline.
    Tho I have been working websites for 21 years, I am not a database developer, and would not know where to begin to separate the actual content of ths site from the poorly design forum software it runs on.
    At a guess, the problem is it is not scalable - the more messages and posts in the database, the longer it takes to respond. Just a guess -
    but it does seem born out by the overall perormance of the site, always getting slower and slower.

    Since its running on custom/proprietary software, its not likely to be easy to move the content to something more usable
    like WordPress, or VBulletin (Lansing Forum) , or XenForo (AudioKarma), just to name a few of the more known audio sites...

    That said - I do wish you well and hope something good comes out of this crisis ...

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member rogerh113's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2016
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Re: Members. Who Is Still Watching?

    I used to come daily, but now it is generally only weekly. It is so impossible to get in, and so slow, that I usually give up. The initial load usually times out, and I get a server error (on the hostboard side).

    There are less and less posts, and I assume that is because site access is so bad. When you combine limited content and difficult access, you get site death. Really a shame, as this is (or was) a really excellent resource for a superb product. Too bad it is bring brought down by the terrible hosting service.

    regards -- Roger

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Members. Who Is Still Watching?

    Was a near daily member from the beginning till first my net service provider's and later hostboard's, poor service made it increasingly sporadic.GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member mattvandyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2008
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Members. Who Is Still Watching?

    I used to be a daily monitor but after many years of being a user - the website is working way too slow for me for the past 2 months. Way too many errors to use daily. Would love to see it corrected as I've got much value out of the site.

    This post which used to take 15 seconds is taking minutes.

  7. #7
    HB Super Moderator
    Members. Who Is Still Watching?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Members. Who Is Still Watching?

    Steven said the resource limits for each site were unbalanced and HB getting the short end of the stick.He has reset all sites to the same so should prevent that from happening again.. Hopefully !!! So the time-outs should not happen again.

  8. #8
    Junior Hostboard Member wweigle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2014
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Members. Who Is Still Watching?

    Still check daily!

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member gdmoore28's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Members. Who Is Still Watching?

    Wow! I could not believe I was able to log on today. First time in a LONG time. And the site works! It hasn't functioned well since i first signed on. Man 'o man. I hope this newly found functionality lasts.

    GeeDeeEmm

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Members. Who Is Still Watching?

    Still Waiting/Watching ....
    guns kill people,

    like spoons made rush limbaugh,

    fat ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.